If you have diabetes, are you aware of your risk for losing your vision? Eye disease associated with diabetes can cause blindness. Knowing the following facts about diabetic eye disease may help lower your risk of vision loss.
1. Diabetes May Lead to Eye Disease
2. There May Be No Warning
3. Diabetic Patients Need Annual Dilated Eye Exams
4. Controlling Diabetes Won’t Prevent Diabetic Eye Disease
5. People with Diabetes May Develop Glaucoma
6. People with Diabetes May Develop Cataracts
7. Diabetic Retinopathy Damages the Retina
8. Laser Surgery Slows the Progression of Diabetic Eye Disease
To know more read the full article published on about .com by Troy Bedinghaus, O.D.
Do you suffer from regular headaches and wonder what the cause is? You should visit your optometrist! A large percentage of headaches are caused by visual problems and most general practitioners will recommend you get your eyes tested to see if that is the problem.
We hope this article has inspired you to visit your local optometrist. Your vision is priceless and a thirty minute appointment once a year is certainly something you should be able to commit too. Getting your eyes tested regularly will help you stay on top of your general health, eye diseases and even headaches!
Want to schedule an eye exam at 20/20 Eyeglass Superstore? You can schedule an eye exam online here, or call 407-767-5600
Your eyesight is your most precious sense. Keep your eyes beautiful, healthy, and well protected.