Before you panic about your eyesight, get them checked and then go from there. Just because you feel like they are, you might just have tired eyes.
- Get your eyes tested regularly by an ophthalmologist or optometrist. Once a year is standard. If any of the following are a problem, you may wish to schedule an appointment sooner.
- Look at an object that is far away that you tend to see a lot. If it looks blurrier than you remember, or you just think you have trouble seeing things you once could see easily, your eyes probably aren’t as good as they used to be.
- Look really closely at something. A book or newspaper will work. If you have trouble reading the print, your eyes probably aren’t as good as they used to be. But this is true only if you at one point were able to read the print, obviously.
- If step two or three caused you to second guess your sight, go to an eye care professional for an eye exam. They can tell you for sure if you need to start wearing glasses. If you have any doubt in your mind, go just in case.
A visit to the optometrist can also let you know if you have a eye problem. This is especially important for children, so if you are a parent or guardian, make sure you take your kids in for regular eye exams. Check out our post on Top 5 Tips on Choosing Children’s Eyeglasses for more information on bring your kids to the optometrist.
- Follow their instructions.
7. Do you suffer from regular headaches and wonder what the cause is? You should visit your optometrist! A large percentage of headaches are caused by visual problems and most general practitioners will recommend you get your eyes tested to see if that is the problem.Read the orignal article on wikihow.com
We hope this article has inspired you to visit your local optometrist. Your vision is priceless and a thirty minute appointment once a year is certainly something you should be able to commit too. Getting your eyes tested regularly will help you stay on top of your general health, eye diseases and even headaches!
Want to schedule an eye exam at 20/20 Eyeglass Superstore? You can schedule an eye exam online here, or call 321-259-3935