Here are some important eye health information takeaways from the above infographic:
- 22 million people in the United States age 40 and older have cataracts
- By age 80, more than half of all Americans have cataracts
- Medical costs associated with cataracts are estimated to be $6.8 billion annually
- 2.3 million Americans aged 40 and older have glaucoma (another 2 million don’t know they have the disease)
- Glaucoma is the second leading cause of blindness with cataracts being first
- 3.6 million people in the U.S. are visually impaired among people aged 40 and older
- 1 million people in the U.S. are color blind
If it’s been more than a year since your last eye exam, please feel free to drop in to any 20/20 Eyeglass Superstore location or schedule an exam online. We have over 4000 thousand frames to choose from and we’re known for having a frame for every face and a price for any budget. We also have in-house optometrists that are available for full eye examinations. Check out our coupons page for current offerings as well.
20/20 Eyeglass Superstore is a family owned company that has been serving the Orange City, Melbourne and Winter Park areas for many years. We look forward to becoming your number one source for all your eye care and eye fashion needs. You can also follow us on Facebook or Twitter to stay up to date on eye trends and eye health.