To protect our precious vision, we must take the necessary precautions. Common vision problems and the best remedies for these.
- Causes: Prolonged use of digital devices, reading, and other tedious visual tasks.
- Symptoms: Tired eyes, with accompanying headache or dizziness, blurred distance vision.
- Rx: Take frequent breaks— close your eyes or look at a distance to relax your eyes.
- Causes: Lack of sleep, prolonged reading or computer work, exposure to wind, electric fan or air conditioning.
- Symptoms: Sensation of a foreign body in the eye, gritty irritation, redness, itchiness.
- Rx: Dr. Fajardo advises applying warm compress, getting enough sleep, using lubricating drops, and avoiding allergic triggers like cigarette smoke.
- Causes: Eye fatigue, severe dryness, infection, allergy.
- Symptom: Bloodshot eyes.
- Rx: Dr. Fajardo doesn’t advise using vasoconstrictors (redness relievers) because it can mask symptoms of certain illnesses.
- Cause: Prolonged use of digital devices.
- Symptoms: Headache, sudden nearsightedness, blurring of distance vision.
- Rx: Pseudomyopia vanishes after relaxing your eyes. If symptoms persist, consult your eye doctor.
EYEGLASS DO’S AND DON’TS
The perfect eyeglass frame allows people to see the real you. Dr. Sarabia shares some do’s and don’ts:
- Do try eyeglasses on before buying.
- Do wear shapes that slant upwards (cat’s eye glasses) if you are past the age of 45. (Read: instant facelift!)
- Don’t wear gold frames if you want to look younger.
- Don’t wear oversized frames if your face is small. Aviators can be aging because it pulls your face down.
For the month of August, our goal is to provide you with fashionable eyeglasses, sunglasses and/or contact lenses. To get you started, we’re excited to offer the above four deals. The latest fall fashions include contrasting geometric shapes, mixes of feminine and edgy materials and floral prints. We’re sure you’ll want more than just one pair!
The 20/20 Eyeglass Superstore frame collection includes every single frame you can think of. From runway to nerdy, we offer thousands of frames so you can accessorize your outfits with a variety of options and stick to your budget.
So bring your friends down to 20/20 Eyeglass Superstore and try on as many pairs as you like. Our sales associates are ready and waiting to help you with everything you need. From reading glasses to sunglasses, we want you to look great this fall!
Don’t forget, your prescription may need updating if it’s been over six months since your last eye checkup. Each 20/20 Eyeglass Superstore location has an independent doctor of optometry on-site and walk-in’s are welcome, but remember to leave yourself approximately 15 minutes to fill out the required paperwork.