- Your eyes are composed of more than 2 million working parts.
- We all have microscopic creatures lurking in our eyelashes.
- The average person blinks 12 times per minute – about 10,000 blinks on an average day.
- Color blindness is more common in males, about 1 in 10 have some form. In the most common type of color blindness, individuals have trouble telling the difference between red and green.
- Only 1/6 of your eye is exposed to the outside world. It is 2.5 cm in length and weighs about 7 grams.
- The muscles that move the eye are the strongest relative to their size in the body.
- Your eyes begin to develop 2 weeks after conception.
- Your eyelashes act like windshields to catch dust and debris before they reach your eyeball.
- At birth your eyes are about 70% of their adult size, but your ears and nose never stop growing.
- The entire length of all the eyelashes shed by a human in their life is over 98 feet.
- The older we are the less tears we produce.
- When you blink, you shut your eyes for 0.3 seconds. That’s a total of 30 minutes each day!
To read the original article click here.
If it’s been more than a year since your last eye exam, please feel free to drop in to any 20/20 Eyeglass Superstore location or schedule an exam online. We have over 4000 thousand frames to choose from and we’re known for having a frame for every face and a price for any budget. We also have in-house optometrists that are available for full eye examinations.