Our eyes are very delicate organs, and we should plan routine eye exams whether or not we notice any problems.
Some other reasons for having eyes examined annually are:
- Myopia: short-sightedness, or the inability to see things at a distance
- Hyperopia: far-sightedness, or the inability to see things at close distances
- Eyeglass prescription changes occur every 1 to 2 years
- Presbyopia: the inability to see things at near after the age of 40 years
- Contact lens wearers are at greater risk of eye infections and corneal ulcers
- It is important that your vision meets certain legal standards for driving and certain occupations.
By getting your eyes checked regularly, you’ll be able to keep them healthy your whole life. Neglect can be costly!
Read the original article at 2020eyeglassmelbourne.com