Pomegranate is a red and juicy fruit, which is eaten raw and is used in various cuisines. Filled with a lot of nutrients and health benefits, pomegranate is known as a miracle fruit. This fruit is used in a variety of beverages, deserts, baking and juices. Pomegranate is known to provide antioxidants and iron and can fight against a lot of diseases. Let’s have a look at various nutritional and health benefits of pomegranate.
- Pomegranate helps in reducing diseases like Alzheimer’s as it is a source of antioxidants.
- A great source of iron, pomegranate helps in increasing haemoglobin level in the blood. It also prevents dizziness, weakness and symptoms of anaemia. It has been found to prevent clotting of blood.
- Health benefits of pomegranate includes increasing oxygen intake in the heart.
- It helps in preventing night blindness. Presence of rhodopsin in it makes eyes healthy.
- Pomegranate has anti-bacterial effects and has been found to be beneficial for teeth. They help in preventing dental plague.
Your eyesight is your most precious sense. Add the foods on this list into your weekly diet to keep your eyes beautiful, healthy, and well protected.
Photo Credit: Google.com